Harvest Moon Society Coordinator
The Harvest Moon Society (HMS) vision is a world in which healthy land and communities are celebrated by all, leading to equitable food systems, a sense of place, and care for the environment now and in generations to come. The mission is to develop a learning center that works toward strengthening and building linkages between urban and rural areas, empowering communities while creating strategies and infrastructure to sustain community and environment.
JOB SUMMARY: The HMS Coordinator is a full-time, year-round position to advance the vision and mission of the Harvest Moon Society. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the HMS Coordinator works with committees to coordinate the society’s programs and volunteers.
LOCATION: Clearwater, MB
- Work with the Education Committee to develop cohesive educational programming on agro-ecological food production and sustainable living
- Promote, coordinate and facilitate multi-generational educational events, courses and workshops
- Develop and maintain relationships with educational partners
- Recruit and supervise summer staff
- Receive general email inquiries to HMS, respond promptly with requested information or redirect to the appropriate committee/ volunteer
- Solicit input into a biannual newsletter for the HMS
- Support the Web Volunteer and create dynamic content for website
- Keep social media pages populated with news, events and topical information
- Research grants and sponsorship opportunities and keep a calendar of grant deadlines
- Work with experienced volunteers and committees to help prepare,administer and report on key grants that move the organization’s capacity forward
- Advertise and receive new memberships and renewals and maintain membership database
- Manage bookings at the Harvest Moon Learning Centre, maintain calendar, issue invoices/receipts
- Assist with the preparations for quarterly meetings and the AGM
- Assist with developing organizational structure, budgeting and enhancing mechanisms for decision-making and conflict resolution
- Complete administrative duties as needed
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills and experience facilitating and leading workshops to a variety of ages and educational levels
- Experience developing programs, planning events and writing successful grants
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and solve problems resourcefully
- Knowledgeable of rural community development, environmental sustainability and food security issues
- Valid driver’s licence and registered vehicle
HOURS & REMUNERATIONS
The Coordinator will work 35 hours per week at $17/hour. Ideally, the Coordinator will be located in Clearwater Manitoba at the Harvest Moon Learning Centre office. The Coordinator may work from home but is expected to be in Clearwater 50% of the time. Shared accommodations in the Harvest Moon Learning Centre are available, if needed.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 19th 2017.