Are you a Hard Workin’ – Veggie lovin’ – Go Get ‘Em – Wannabe Farmer?
Spend next summer out in Clearwater, Manitoba as Harvest Moon Society’s Ecological Gardening Intern. Learn and gain experience planting vegetables, managing a greenhouse, learning permaculture, tending fruit trees and shrubs, raising chickens and marketing your own produce.
You will also tour nearby farms and learn directly from seasoned small farm operators.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has a keen interest in learning and implementing ecological garden practices
- Is physically fit and able to lift, haul, bend, dig and generally work at a steady pace for the full growing season
- Has an interest in sharing knowledge and educating the public about sustainable agriculture and local food
- Has adequate English language skills to participate in written and oral communications
- Is available to live in Clearwater, Manitoba for the duration of the internship (June – August)
- Has their own transportation
- Is able to work independently and problem-solve
The ecological gardening intern receives a stipend in addition a private room in the Harvest Moon Learning Centre, access to telephone and Internet, fresh produce from the garden and free admission to workshops hosted by the Harvest Moon Society. There are opportunities for generating profits from the sale of seedlings, produce, and value-added products. Additional income opportunities such as cooking for workshops may be available to the intern.
Please include the following in your application package:
- Full name and contact information
- A simple explanation of how you meet the criteria listed above
- 500-word letter of motivation describing why you want to undertake this internship
All applications must be received no later than April 15th 2016. Please send your application package to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Harvest Moon Society